$196 Can Take a Family of Four to Disneyland!10:13 AM
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for even more travel deals! Scroll to the bottom to see more Disneyland posts.
Here is the perfect formula for a cheap Disneyland vacation . . .
- Flight: ~10,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards miles per person roundtrip from SLC to LAX plus $5 per person in tax.
- Hotel: 15,000 IHG (Holiday Inn) reward points per night (60,000 points for 4 nights) + $0.
- Park Tickets: The Disney Premier Visa Card can get you a $200 Disney gift card that can be used towards park tickets. Other discount tickets are hard to come by, but check with friends who work on a military base or consider buying an annual pass.
Here's what you need to do to get 50,000 Southwest Airline Rapid Rewards for your flight.
- Sign up for the Southwest Airline Rapid Rewards Visa card. (It's a good idea for a husband and wife to each sign up for their own card, that way you'll get 50,000 rewards each. That's 100,000 Rapid Rewards for your family!)
- Spend $2,000 on your card in your first 3 months of opening your account. ($69 annual fee not waived.)
- After you spend at least $2,000 on your card, your 50,000 Rapid Rewards should be awarded in 6-8 weeks.
- Sign up for the 'Click 'N Save' Southwest Airlines e-mail alerts.
- Wait for the lowest fares on Southwest Airlines and then book your flights.
- Don't forget about the Hidden City trick when booking your flight.
- Sign up for the IHG Rewards Club Visa card. (It's a good idea for a husband and wife to each sign up for their own card, that way you'll get 60,000 rewards each. That's 120,000 IHG Rewards for your family!)
- Spend only $1,000 on your card in your first 3 months of opening your account.
- After you spend at least $1,000 on your card, your 60,000 IHG Rewards should be awarded in 6-8 weeks.
- When you're ready to book your hotel go to the IHG Rewards website and search for the Holiday Inn Buena Park-Near Knott's Hotel. (This hotel is 7 miles north of Disneyland, but includes a free shuttle, wifi and weekday breakfast. It only takes 10-15 minutes to get to the park. The hotel is also located near a Target and Stater Bros grocery store.)
- You will be able to book this hotel for only 15,000 IHG Reward points per night.
Here's what you need to do to get the $200 Disney gift card.
- Sign up for Disney's Premier Visa.
- Spend only $500 on your card in your first 3 months of opening your account.
- After you spend at least $500 on your card, your $200 Disney gift card should be awarded in 6-8 weeks.
Note: This card has a $49 annual fee that is not waived.
Note: Since all three of the credit cards are offered by Chase you may want to apply for two of the credit cards on the same day. That will increase the likelihood of being approved for both cards. Then wait 3-4 months before applying for the third card.
Checkout my other posts about Disneyland:
- Disneyland: Tips, Secrets and Successes
- When Driving is Cheaper than Flying to Disneyland
- FastPasses Explained
- Disneyland Park FastPass Secrets and Tips
- California Adventure FastPass Secrets and Tips
Disclaimer: Ideas in this blog post are from my own personal experiences and actual results may vary based on offers available at the time. I don't receive compensation for any of these credit card offers. This is not professional advice.