When I first discovered these vouchers I thought the price was too good to be true, but they are legitimate. These condos are leftover inventory with RCI (the largest timeshare vacation exchange network in the world). The resorts would rather sell these units at a deep discount instead of having them go empty.
My family has used more than a dozen of these vouchers since 2011 and we have saved thousands of dollars!
This is an amazing deal because you a week at one of thousands of resorts around the world. I have personally used them in Spain, Dominican Republic and three times in Cancun. The great thing about these vouchers is you can preview resorts here before you buy the resort voucher.
Certificates are redeemed through RCI which is part of Wyndham Worldwide. You don't have to be a member of RCI or attend a condo presentation to receive this great deal! Availability is usually updated on Wednesdays.
How it works:
1. Purchase the resort voucher.
2. Preview resorts before or after you purchase the voucher. You can see inventory up to 340 days in advance.
3. When you are ready to book select your resort and use your voucher code to make your reservation.
Things to remember:
1. Reservations must be made 365 days from the date of purchase.
2. You have another year after you book to actually travel.
3. Once vouchers are issued they are non-refundable and reservations cannot be changed.
4. Read the details about the resort before you book and contact them if you have questions.
5. If the resort is all-inclusive you may be required to purchase the food option. It's best to call or e-mail the resort.
6. Some resorts require you pay a nominal local room tax. Contact the resort for details.
Disclaimer: Ideas in this blog post are from my own personal experiences and actual results may vary based on offers available at the time. This is not professional advice.